CMV Action will be fundraising throughout September by asking children and their families to host a Teddy Bears’ Picnic and raise much needed funds.
Why not host your very own teddy bears’ picnic at home, in the park or at your nursery, school or playgroup. We are giving away 1 free CMV Action teddy bear to each picnic organiser so don’t forget to Register your Event with us *
The Teddy Bear’s Picnic Event is a great excuse to get out in the fresh air, make your favourite sandwiches, socialise, and drink too much tea. You could even go on a bear hunt! The idea is to keep it simple and fun – just you and your friends, your best loved teddies and a yummy picnic.
We want it to be as easy as possible to plan (whatever the weather!) Remember don’t let the weather put you off -inside picnics are just as much fun!
Our Teddy Bears Picnic event runs for the whole of September so pick a date that suits you!
Why not download some Teddy Bears Picnic Invites here and try to address the invites to each child personally. Tag any photos with @cmvaction and #TeddyFUNraiser on social media. If you have any questions or comments, or want to send us any photos, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Fundraise
You could set up a fundraising page and ask all your picnic-goers to donate for taking part. A page can be set up via our JustGiving page or Peoples Fundraising page. Here’s a few other ideas for fundraising:
- Guess the Name of the Teddy – Name the Teddy Fundraising Game
- Bake Sale – Why not have some extra cakes to sell – everyone loves homemade cake!
- Fancy dress competition (with entry fee)
- Have a raffle
- Ask your employer to funds match
Ways to make it a fun event
You could take the children on a bear hunt:
- Bear Hunt – Where are the teddies hiding ? Its a bit like an Easter Egg hunt, only using cuddly toys. Grab some small teddies and hide them safely, then go with the children to find the bears.
- Build the biggest teddy bear mountain – you can take photos and send them to us if you like.
- Make teddy bear masks and colour them in
- Get the children to decorate the paper plates as Teddy Bear Faces before picnic time.
- Sing the song we all know and love Teddy Bears Picnic lyrics
- Why not get the children to colour in their own teddy bears using our Teddy Bears Picnic Colouring sheet
- If you have a race don’t forget to start it – Ready, teddy, GO!
- The most important thing is having fun with your little bears, making memories and having a great time FUNdraising.
Here are some other helpful resources to make the most of your teddy bear’s picnic
- Teddy Bears Picnic Invite
- Poster for Teddy Bears Picnic
- Name the Teddy Fundraising Game– choose the winning teddy name in advance and place it in a sealed envelope
- Teddy Bears Picnic lyrics
- Teddy Bears Picnic Colouring sheet
If you haven’t set up a fundraising page you can pay in any money raised, online via the DONATE button on the CMV Action website
*Please note if you register your picnic you will receive a teddy bear instead of a t-shirt. If you require a t-shirt these will need to be ordered separately. We do ask for a minimum fundraising of £50 if requesting a teddy bear – thank you.
Your fundraising will help us share education materials and deliver campaigns that can change lives
- £7 will fund our volunteer helpline for one day
- £12 provides 2 information packs for women working in childcare. Research has shown us that pregnant women working in childcare settings are at greater risk of infection
- £25 will cover the cost of a resource pack for health professionals
- £30 buys an essential training aid to educate midwives on the preventative measures pregnant women can make to reduce their risk of CMV infection
- £700 pays for one month’s coverage of CMV literature in health care surgeries across the UK