As many of you will already be aware, my son Fraser was born with congenital CMV and has unilateral hearing loss. We were lucky in some respects as he could have been effected in a much more serious way. Unfortunately, we don’t yet know the full extent of the effects of CMV on Fraser and he could still develop a range of symptoms.
I will be running my very first half marathon on 28th April 2019 and would like to raise as much money as possible for CMV Action.
I’m raising money for this great charity not only because we have been affected as a family, but because this virus can be avoided and it angers and upsets me that there is so little awareness of it. I for one was not informed during either of my pregnancies which is unbelievable given it’s more common than Downs Syndrome which everyone has heard of.
CMV Action require funding to:
• Support families affected by CMV
• Educate professionals, parents to be and the general public about prevention of CMV
• Support the development and implementation of research into better testing, treatment and management of CMV
• Raise the awareness of the need for a vaccine
• Build the capacity for CMV Action
There’s so much more I could go into about this but I would really appreciate it if you could offer a donation of whatever you can spare to allow more work to be done to save many more families having to cope with the devastating effects of this virus.