We will be there! Natalie is a Teacher of the Deaf and mum to Thomas who is deaf through CMV. She is a great supporter of CMV Action and will have a stand, giving out information on CMV to a range of professionals - Teachers of the Deaf, Audiologists, Teaching Assistants, Managers etc. If you are near Edinburgh, please encourage those working with your little ones to attend this event and say hi to Natalie.
University of Edinburgh, School of Education 10am to 5pm
The 2017 conference will be run jointly between Adept Scotland and the Scottish Sensory Centre in the heart of Edinburgh. It will be full of current ideas in deaf education on the theme of raising achievement. The keynote speakers are Professor Greg Leigh, a notable international researcher about deaf children's achievements and curriculum access and Dr. Audrey Cameron, leader of the Scottish Sensory Centre's own British Sign Language Glossary project of curriculum terms for science/maths topics.
For further information and booking forms visit the Scottish Sensory Centre's website.
- Raising achievement (academic and other outcomes of education)
- Access to curriculum and assessment for deaf learners
- Citizenship for deaf students - involvement in decision making
- Creativity and raising achievement with deaf learners
This conference is for the whole of the UK and beyond - we are expecting international researchers to attend. The conference will offer you:
- an opportunity to network with colleagues and researchers in a relaxed atmosphere
- an exhibition and posters to find out about current deaf education practices and issues
- the opportunity to see world-class presenters
- a chance to visit the historic city of Edinburgh and maybe stay for the weekend
- a fully accessible conference for deaf and hearing delegates
Please encourage Teachers of the Deaf to attend.